Editor for Upstyledaily.com
Hometalk, the world’s largest DIY lifestyle community with 21 million members is looking for an editor for Upstyledaily.com. Our three platforms--Hometalk, Foodtalk, and Upstyle--are top online destinations for inspiration, ideas, and step-by-step tutorials spanning the home and garden, food recipe, and DIY fashion spaces with over 1,750,000 DIY tutorials. This role is a full-time, remote role (if desired, you may work in-office).
As editor, you will be solely responsible for overseeing the Upstyle writing team. The role includes sourcing, assigning, editing, and publishing style and fashion content for Upstyledaily.com.
You will get the chance to work with a dynamic, growth-oriented, creative team focused on growing Upstyle’s library of top-notch content. You will report directly to the Head of Content.
- Sourcing relevant and innovative video content for transcribing
- Assigning content to our team of writers
- Editing content and publishing on Upstyledaily.com
- Collaborating with the Content and Community teams to create strategies and workflows
- Training new writers into the program when relevant
- Completing related small-scale writing, editing, or management tasks for Hometalk Inc.
- Native-level English
- Phenomenal grasp of English language, grammar, and spelling
- Basic knowledge of SEO and keyword optimization
- Ability to iterate strategies quickly
- Flexibility working outside of in-office hours and responding to emails or calls after hours
- At least 3 years of experience writing and editing
- Excellent organizational skills
- Highly self-motivated, have a stellar work ethic and ability to take ownership
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a do-whatever-it-takes attitude
- Must be technically adept
Send CV and 2 writing samples to:
Please use subject line: Upstyle Editor