Freelance Writer/ Transcriber
Upstyle is seeking a freelance writer/ transcriber
We are seeking a remote freelance writer to work on transcribing DIY-style YouTube videos for Upstyledaily.com into written posts, including taking screenshots to show the steps. Topics are fashion, styling, sewing, DIY beauty, makeup and hair tutorials, thrift flipping etc. In particular, the writer must be able to write about sewing e.g. techniques, stitches etc. and have a keen interest in this subject.
Pay: 20 agurot per word, paid monthly.
Articles are min. 300 and max. 800 words. Edits, if any, are usually minimal.
Hours: Flexible to your schedule. One article takes an average of 90mins. Min. 5 articles submitted per week and max. 10.
Hiring process: There is a quick unpaid writing test to gauge writing level.
• Knowledge of sewing
• Basic knowledge of Google docs
• Basic tech skills e.g. how to take decent screenshots / crop an image
• Ability to commit to submitting a set amount of posts per week
• Previous writing experience
• Decent grammar and spelling
Great to have but not required:
• Experience using Monday.com
• Interest in the topics above
• Basic knowledge of SEO.
This position is only open to freelancers.
To apply send your CV and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org